How Can I cope with/deal with/manage my debilitating anxiety?
The Sun card! (XIX)*
- Get some SUNLIGHT…or Vitamin D.
- Like the great white heron…try to rise above it. Maybe it’s not your anxiety-inducing trouble to worry about.
- Notice the grandeur of space, the nebulas, and the stars…there are bigger things out there; feel calm in your smallness.
- Like the migrating monarch…set your sights on grander goals.
- Like the couple on the beach…take a walk (get some exercise).
- Like the beach walkers…walk with someone; talk to someone and share your thoughts.
- Like the rainbow…radiate confidence, serenity, peace. Be transparent about the situation. Remeber that anxiety is fleeting and will fade away quickly.
- Notice the gold coins…treat yourself once in a while.
- Like the bedazzled jester…simply smile and exude joy. Joy attracts joyfulness.
- Like the clown fish…just glide through your field of poppies like it’s your element.
- Notice the orange fruit…treat your body like a temple and eat healthy and good things.
- Like the beach…simply let the waves crash where they will.
- If you let it erupt like the solar flare, gravity is just going to draw it back and let it come crashing back at you. Learn how to ground it instead.
- (If the problem is chronic, or at a point where it is causing illness, please try to find some professional medical assistance from a physician. Those around you would honestly rather see you shine and excel than have to witness you self-destruct like a supernova! You are the Sun in someone’s life.)
I’ll bet you can come up with even more!
*Deck used is the Voyager Tarot by James Wanless, illustrated by photographer and artists Bob Ryder. (© 2008, Fair Winds Press). This was the first deck I really started reading with many years ago, and while not really wedded to the Rider-Waite-Smith system or imagery, it is an ideal deck for learning to read visually-intuitively from the overflowing, abundant collage images (as opposed to rote book definitions alone). I also find this deck useful for therapeutic-type readings where the client helps participates in exploring revelations from the images.